These plant-based empty vegetarian capsules offer the same great quality as our traditional gelatine capsules, allowing you to widen your market with confidence.
These excellent alternatives to traditional gelatine capsules are non-GMO, USP-grade and suitable for vegetarians.
HPMC capsules, an abbreviation of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (or ‘hypromellose’), are vegetarian capsules made from plant fibres. They have a very similar appearance and dimensions to our high-quality gelatine capsules, and the same level of resiliency and flexibility.
Our HPMC vegetarian capsules run very well on all types of high-speed automatic encapsulation machines, so no operational adjustments are necessary if you normally work with gelatine capsules. Additionally, these empty vegetarian capsules are also compatible with GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) standards and traditional formula coating.
Main benefits of our HPMC capsules:
- Made from natural wood pulp and free from animal products
- Strictly non-toxic
- Vegetarian, kosher and halal certified
- Essential for the encapsulation of moisture-sensitive powders
- Provide easy absorption and digestion of protein, fat and carbohydrates
- Renowned for their long storage life
- Remain non-brittle and stable during processing