Due to increased customer interest in this latest phenomenon that’s taking health supplements’ world by storm, this month we’re focusing on Turmeric capsules. With World Vegan Month celebrated in November, it is a perfect opportunity to look at this vegan supplement.
Pronounced a super-spice, this bright orange powder that has been used as a medicinal herb (and an essential curry component) for thousands of years, is currently becoming one of the most trendy supplements. With many customers turning towards natural remedies and with more and more herbal supplements hitting the shelves, the demand for this product is staggering.
What is Turmeric ?
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric, which has proven medicinal properties and gives it the distinctive colour. Curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
Most studies use turmeric extracts that are standardized to include large amounts of curcumin, which are practically impossible to be obtained purely by diet, which is why supplements with concentrated extract have become so popular.
Unfortunately, curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine – a natural substance that significantly enhances the absorption of curcumin – even up to 2000%. Without that pinch of pepper, most of the curcumin just passes through the digestive tract, without delivering any health benefits.
Key Health Benefits
Called ‘the Golden Goddess’ in Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric has been recommended as a remedy to manage inflammatory disorders and to treat a wide range of illnesses. Indeed, current research, has confirmed many of its traditional uses and what is more – discovered some new ones.
Numerous studies have found that turmeric root, containing curcumin, can have a significant positive effect on neurological, cardiovascular, metabolic, immune system, and cellular health.
Here are some of the potential health supporting properties of this super-spice and why it may be a helpful supplement for your customers:
- Turmeric has been particularly well research for its anti-inflammatory properties. Because of that it’s often recommended to those suffering from joint pain or ostearthritis. And because of its safety profile turmeric can be recommended as a long-term solution for those suffering from everyday joint aches and stiffness.
- Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can also delay onset of exercise-related muscle fatigue and speed up recovery.
- In addition to being helpful with IBS-related pain, turmeric is said to have a soothing effect on the stomach lining and most of the tissue in the gut.
- Being a powerful antioxidant, turmeric certainly can support heart health. Research suggests it can have anticoagulant activity and also help regulate cholesterol levels.
- Curcumin has also been found to improve working memory, mood and alertness in adults, potentially also being helpful in slowing the progression of mental conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Traditionally, turmeric has also been known for its skin and wound-healing properties, those however, might only refer to the topical application of the product and not supplements.
Vegan Turmeric Capsules
Each of our 600mg Turmeric capsules, contain 5mg of Black Pepper extract with min 95% Piperine from Piper Nigrum Fruits. Additionally, our Turmeric supplements come in HPMC hard capsules, which means the product is suitable for vegans. The MOQ is one carton of 20,000 capsules.
For more information on our new Turmeric line or for a free instant quote, please contact our sales team now on 01923 652529 or email email@example.com.
Only in November, to support the World Vegan Month, we’re offering our vegan Turmeric capsules at a very special price of £14.99/1,000. Only whilst stock lasts!
*Claims for food supplements mentioned in this article are not meant for general public, but are purely for information of food supplement industry professionals. Please note that the claims are not authorised by European Food Safety Authority for use on labels or marketing materials.
You May Also Like
Health Food Business and Inspire Magazine’s editors joined the HTC’s celebration by marking our 40th Anniversary in their latest issues….