Ginkgo Biloba is one of the top-selling herbal supplements in the world. Having been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years, it’s still popular and research studies keep to reveal new amazing healing properties of this renowned plant.
At HTC Health we’ve been selling Gingko Biloba capsules to customers on a request basis. However, with a growing demand for herbal category and natural remedies in general, we feel the product offers real potential and we want more of our customers to benefit from this great portfolio boost.
What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo Biloba, also known as the maidenhair tree, is one of the oldest species of tree in the world, with some trees living for over 1,000 years. Ginkgo Biloba extract, which is collected from the dried green leaves of the plant, contains high levels of flavonoids and terpenoids, antioxidants that provide protection against oxidative cell damage from harmful free radicals.
The therapeutic properties of the Ginkgo plant are said to include treatment for blood disorders and memory problems, enhancement of cardiovascular function and to improve eye health. It can also be helpful with a wide range of conditions, which are becoming prevalent and affect many people in Western societies – ADHD, anxiety, AMD, low libido and age-related brain conditions, such as Dementia or Alzheimer.
Key Health Benefits
According to traditional Chinese Medicine and current clinical studies, Ginkgo Biloba is safe, effective and benefits the body in numerous ways. Here are the most common uses of this phenomenal plant:
- Improves mood, is a natural antidepressant. Research suggests Ginkgo Biloba, known as adaptogen herb, benefits the body’s ability to handle stressors and counteracts the effects of high levels of stress hormones, like cortisol and adrenaline.
- Accelerates cognitive functions, helps with memory. Research shows that Gingko can help combat poor concentration and reverse cognitive decline. With its anti-inflammatory properties it also lower oxidative stress and improves circulation – all important factors for maintaining cognitive health.
- Enhances Eye Sight. Ginkgo appears to be beneficial for eye health since it improves blood flow to the eyes and fights free radial damage that can harm the cornea, macula and retina.
- Good for the heart and circulation. Researchers have found that Ginkgo Biloba extracts are capable of increasing the dilation of blood vessels, which stimulates the blood flow to the entire body. This in turn allows for efficient oxygenation of vital organs, including heart. It also lowers blood pressure and helps prevent blood clots.
- Improves libido. Ginkgo is believed to have positive effects on hormonal balance – especially serotonin levels. This combined with its potential to dilate blood vessels and improve blood flow to the genitals, can have positive impact on reproductive health and sexual function.
- Has natural anti-aging properties. The antioxidants in Gingko Biloba extract can help delay signs of aging such as wrinkles and age spots and also keep the skin tight and healthy.
Product Available Now
Each of size #1 gelatine capsules contains 126mg of Ginkgo Biloba extract with 24% Flavonoids and 6% Terpenoids. The MOQ is one carton of 25,000 capsules.
*Claims for food supplements mentioned in this article are not meant for general public, but are purely for information of food supplement industry professionals. Please note that the claims are not authorised by European Food Safety Authority for use on labels or marketing materials.
You May Also Like
Health Food Business and Inspire Magazine’s editors joined the HTC’s celebration by marking our 40th Anniversary in their latest issues….